Frequently asked questions
Are there databases in other languages available for the program?
- Unfortunately not. Who wants to do the editorial work?
Are there other ways to get the files apart from downloading them?
- I can e-mail you the files. Just let me know.
Shipping the program on a CD is possible on request.
Is there a version of the application for other operating systems?
- Linux and MacOS: There are Windows emulators for Linux (e.g. WINE)
and MacOS, and I was told QuickDic can be executed in these virtual machines.
- Windows 95 and 98 are no longer supported.
- Mobile devices: a version for mobile devices is not available at present.
I want to understand the lyrics of a song or a poem. Who can help me?
- Go to the artist's pages, forums, or search the internet for the lyrics.
Usually you can find translations and a lot of related articles on the Web.
How can I translate whole documents?
- There is no application that always translates all kinds of texts correctly.
But some services claim something like this and are freely available on-line.
You can find related links if you follow the Free Dictionaries link.
Can I install the program on my company's intranet or can I build a mirror site?
- No, this is not possible at the moment.
I have created my own lesson but when I run it the program doesn't ask me for these words. How is that?
- Open your lesson in the editor and check the size of your lesson.
If there are less words than stated, random words will be used to fill up.
I want to have the source codes of the program and the decrypted database.
- It was a lot of work to write the program and to create the database.
And both the program and the database are being improved and updated frequently.
You can not only use the latest version online but also download it from the internet
for free and use it as long as you want to. I think that's enough.
What can I do to help improving QuickDic?
- Please tell me about any errors and missing words.
If you'd like to have a feature or improvement implemented just let me know.