Welcome to QuickDic online!
This is the site where you can translate words and idioms from English to German
and vice versa.
Select the source and destination languages, enter the expression you want to
look up and press the Enter key to run the program.
Word not found?
Please check your spelling! 3 of 4 words that cannot be found have typing errors.
Feedback about missing translations or wrong spellings are highly appreciated.
I try to answer requests for words as soon as possible but usually I cannot help you localizing poems
Settings, tips, and examples
||Click these icons in the form to learn more about the options and
how to enter those funny German letters...
Download the latest version
Version 7.5 of the downloadable program for Windows 2000/ME/XP/7/8/10
and an updated database 50 is available now for download.
This program provides a lot of features which can be a great help to meet
your demands, including:
- Database with more than 325,000 words and idioms in each language
- Fast and powerful look-up function, optionally for use of regular expressions
- Several settings allow you to automatically translate words from the clipboard
and to copy a search result to the clipboard
- Improved restrictions for search results
- Phonetic transcriptions of frequently used words in both languages
- New German orthography
- Conjugation in full of strong and other German verbs as well as
preterite and past participle of irregular English verbs, including most compound verbs
- Many translation results can be grouped by their meanings
- Optional display of number and gender of most German nouns
- Display a list of similar words for future reference
- Convert decimal numbers with up to 15 digits into words
- Copy a translation and/or its phonetic transcription to the clipboard
- Print search results with their phonetic transcriptions
- Create and edit your personal dictionary with an unlimited number of
your own words and translations
- Input assistance by intelligent word completion and automatic vocabulary spell checking
- QuickQuiz for learning vocabulary from lessons which you can create and edit,
and for learning how to conjugate German verbs
- Print your personal dictionary and lessons
- SmileMan and LetraMix - smart vocabulary games for your spare time
- QuissWord, the generator for crossword puzzles which you can solve by translating
the questions; can also be used to easily create puzzles based on your personal dictionary
- Print a crossword puzzle as a regular crossword puzzle or as a communicative crossword.
And it's all absolutely free.